Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Is it cheaper to buy on Amazon?

I found myself reading another commentary by Professor Reynolds this one titled "Technology could save us from Obamacare: Column."  Scrolling through his blog I came across this entry and in the back of my mind thinking, here we go again more Obamacare. I found myself amused by the actual content of the blog, which had a very different outlook then I had suspected.

He begins by looking at our journey over the years with medical technology. Stating that today you can literally buy life saving tools on Amazon, such as defibrillators and epipens. Over the years many have said that we would come to a place were machines could give us an accurate diagnosis which could save our lives with the right tools readily available. At one point this seemed so far off, but this idea is becoming much more at reach.

When I first started reading this entry I was wondering where was he was going with all of this but as I read on, his conclusion is quite interesting. He concludes that tools such as defibrillators and epipens will become so convenient and completely capable of saving a life, that people will just take the tax penalty each year from not having health insurance. Basically saying that it will be cheaper to invest in some of these life saving tools that paying for insurance so that you could go to the doctor and get the same diagnosis.

Reynolds states,"Can technology save us from our health care crises?", I personally feel like this conclusion is pretty far off and quite an interesting opinion on the matter. But, for his audience this maybe something that is logical for the future. You can clearly see that his directed audience on this topic is going the be a very conservative and anti-Obamacare group. As a professor of Law at the University of Tennessee with a very credible background this is not a subject that can just be swept under the rug, he may have a point to all of this!

No comments: